St Patricks Baileys Chocolate Mousse
In the spirit of St Patricks Day, We have a delicious alcoholic dessert, using Baileys. Baileys Irish Cream is delicious and decadent enough on its own, but it has nothing on this decadent treat.
Chocolate mousse is easily achievable right in your own kitchen, and anyone can make it, but you can keep that as your sweet little secret.
For the Mousse
- 200 g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 180 ml heavy cream
- 50 ml Baileys Irish cream
- 3 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
For the whipped cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar or more, to taste
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 50 ml Baileys Irish Cream
- tsp vanila extract
1. Take 3 large fresh eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
2. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form, then set aside.
3. Meanwhile, combine chocolate, double cream and Baileys in a mixing bowl.
4. Microwave at 30 second bursts until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
5. Allow to cool slightly before adding the egg yolks, whisk it thoroughly.
6. Stir in a large spoonful of the whisked egg whites to loosen the chocolate.
7. Fold in the remaining egg whites gently until the mousse is smooth and free of streaks.
8. Pour the mousse into the glasses. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until set.
9. Whisk together the double cream, icing sugar, Baileys, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
10. Spread the whipped cream on top of the chocolate mousse. Serve with chocolate shavings or a light dusting of cocoa powder.