If you are thinking about doing a trip somewhere, but aren’t really sure where you should go, then you definitely need to consider Southeast Asia!
Southeast Asia is such an amazing part of the world, filled with rich history, culture and amazing food! Oh, and it’s really affordable, so it’s perfect for the budget traveller.
It really needs to be top of your travel bucket list!
The Ultimate 100+ Southeast Asia Travel Bucket List
You might also be interested in:
- The Ultimate 100+ Bucket List For Europe
- 10 Cheap & Awesome Things To Do In Paris
- 6 Reasons You need To Visit Belgrade Today!
- 9 Travel tips You Will Need When Visiting London
- 5 Reasons To Put Sicily On Your Bucket List
- 10 Life Changing Experiences To Have In South Africa
- 10 Insane Summer Festivals In Europe
Today I have put together the ultimate travel bucket list.
These travel destinations across Southeast Asia really make up the ultimate list of places most people would love to see!
If you are an experienced traveller and know of a few awesome places that I have left off the list, then feel free to add them in the comments below.
So here are 100+ amazing travel bucket list items for Southeast Asia that you need to do at some point in your life!
- Visit the amazing capital city, Bandar Seri Begawan.
- See and explore the mesmerising Green Jewel of Brunei, Ulu Temburong National Park.
- Get lost on the world’s largest floating village.
- Experience the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Angkor Wat.
- Have a cycle through Silk Island.
- Hire a bike and do a temple bike tour.
- Be a beach bum on some of the world’s best islands.
- Feeling a bit stiff or sore? Get a traditional Cambodian massage!
- Visit the magical temple of Preah Khan.
- Learn how to cook like a Cambodian at one of the highest rated cooking schools.
- Fancy scuba diving? The Cambodian islands host some of the best diving spots around!
- Visit the Cambodian War Museum.
- Take a relaxing and well needed yoga and meditation class, which are famous in Cambodia.
- Go surfing in Kuta Beach.
- Visit Ulun Danu Temple.
- Spend the day doing insane water sports in Tanjung Benoa.
- See the rice paddies in Sidemen, Bali.
- Visit Tanah Lot Temple and enjoy one of the best attractions Bali has to offer.
- Go snorkeling in Amed.
- Take a trip to Ubud and experience the culture.
- Visit Tabanan and explore the amazing paddy fields.
- Make a few new friends at Monkey Forest.
- Head to the Gili Islands and enjoy some of the most amazing island life on offer.
- Eat Padang food.
- Watch the sun rise over Borobudur Temple.
- Go trekking in Bukit Lawang.
- See the beautiful lakes of Kelimutu, Flores.
- Check out the Komodo Dragons on Komodo Island.
- Eat as much Indonesian cuisine as possible.
- Experience white water rafting on Ayung River.
- Visit Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Northern Laos.
- Experience the sacred monument of Pha That Luang.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views at the Viewpoint Nong Khiaw.
- Visit the Bolaven Plateau waterfalls.
- Eat and do some shopping at the Luang Prabang Night Market.
- Explore the Underground River Caves.
- Swim in the beautiful Tad Sae Waterfalls.
- Go hiking up Mount Phousi.
- Enjoy the big city life in Kuala Lumpur.
- Go up the KL Tower and enjoy the city views from 421 metres above the ground!
- Visit the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur.
- Catch a tan on any of the Langkawi islands.
- Sample some of Malaysia’s top food.
- Explore the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park.
- Visit Penang.
- Go on a trek at the Taman Negara National Park.
- Get lost in the Genting Highlands.
- Go diving at the Perhentian Islands.
- Climb Mount Kinabalu.
- Visit the Shwedagon Pagoda.
- Take part in a historical walking tour of Yangon.
- Check out the stilt houses at Inle Lake.
- Trek in Kalaw.
- Visit the U Bein Bridge.
- Enjoy the white sands of Boracay.
- Take a swim in the magically clear Hinatuan Enchanted River.
- Have a meal at the Waterfalls Restaurant in San Pablo city.
- Marvel at The Ruins in Talisay.
- Experience the Hanging Coffins of Sagada.
- See the active Mayon Volcano.
- Visit the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park.
- Enjoy the unique food Philippines has to offer!
- Spend some time at the historical Fort Santiago.
- Visit the beautiful island of Coron.
- See the very unusual Chocolate Hills of Bohol.
- Embark on an amazing island hopping adventure.
- Make sure to add Malapascua Island to your itinerary!
- Go diving at Tubbataha Reef.
- Wander around the futuristic Gardens by the Bay.
- Go shopping at Orchard Road.
- Take a ride on the Singapore Flyer.
- Marvel at the botanical gardens.
- Walk around Marina Bay.
- Check out Singapore Chinatown.
- Try some amazing Northern Thai spicy sausage in Chiang Mai.
- Take a mini bus trip from Chiang Mai to Pai and enjoy the views and turns!
- Visit Koh Lanta and spend the days riding a scooter amongst some of the most amazing beaches and nature.
- Visit The Grand Palace in Bangkok.
- Enjoy a drink at some of Thailand’s best sky bars in Bangkok.
- Visit the island of Koh Chang.
- Eat as much street food as possible.
- Visit the Doi Suthep temple in Chiang Mai.
- Spend some time at one of Thailand’s most sought after beaches, Railay Beach.
- Learn the art of Muay Thai at any of the number of gyms around Thailand.
- Visit The Khao Yai National Park.
- Eat some bugs!
- Take a Thai cooking class.
- Climb Bangkok’s Sathorn Unique Tower.
- Have a crazy night at the Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan.
- Visit Wat Rong Khun in Chiang Rai.
- Do NOT ride an elephant.
- Climb to the top of the Tiger Cave Temple in Krabi.
- Take a tuk tuk ride.
- Visit an elephant sanctuary and bathe a few elephants!
- Light a lantern in Hoi An.
- Visit Halong Bay.
- Cruise the Mekong Delta.
- Eat some world famous pho.
- Visit Ho Chi Minh City Museum and understand Vietnam’s past.
- Wander the Old Quarter of Hanoi.
- Learn a bit of history at the Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Visit the small island of Phu Quoc.
- Tour the Imperial City of Hue.
If you would like more amazing travel tips, then make sure to follow my Travel Destinations & Bucket Lists Pinterest board!