If you are a person who has been travelling for a while, or it’s something you have been thinking long and hard about, then you absolutely MUST add Europe onto your travel destination bucket list.
Europe is such an amazing continent and really caters for pretty much every type of traveller out there.
Whether you are looking for a budget trip, a romantic getaway, or a five star vacation, you will find it in Europe.
It’s filled with tons of history, many different languages and cultures, ridiculously tasty food, and it’s extremely travel-friendly.
Getting around is simple and fun!
The Ultimate 100+ European Travel Bucket List
You might also be interested in:
- The Ultimate Spain Travel Bucket List
- 10 Affordable Things To Do In Paris For Budget Travellers
- 6 Reasons To Add Belgrade To Your To Do List Today
- 9 Expert Travel Tips For Anyone Visiting London
- 5 Reasons You’ll Regret Not Going To Sicily Sooner
- 9 Must Do Items For When In Gozo
- 10 Ridiculous Summer Festivals Held In Europe
- 5 Things To Do In Europe’s Most Underrated City
Today I bring you the most ultimate European bucket list around!
I was fortunate enough to spend two years travelling through this amazing continent, yet I still haven’t come close to experiencing each one of these bucket list items.
If you can manage to tick off every single item on this list within your lifetime, then you have lived a glorious life!
So here are 100+ amazing bucket list items for Europe that you need to do in this life!
- Visit Salzburg and take a tour of The Sound Of Music locations.
- Go and visit the Schonbrunn Palace where the Emperors of Austria used to live.
- Catch a live show at the Vienna State Opera.
- Visit the beautiful village of Hallstatt.
- Enjoy one of more than 2000 beers at the famous Delirium Bar in Brussels.
- Have a romantic getaway to the city Of Bruges. Enjoy the cobblestone streets, canals and romantic atmosphere.
- Have some Belgian fries!
- Visit the Grand Place in Brussels.
- Try a Belgian waffle!
- Have a few more famous Belgian beers.
- Visit the coastal town of Varna situated on the Black Sea.
- Go and visit the 500 year old Devil’s Bridge.
- Do a day trip to the beautiful Rila Monastery.
- Walk around the ancient old city of Dubrovnik and feel like you have gone back centuries.
- Croatia has over 1000 islands. Set sail and see a few of these magical places!
- Explore one of Croatia’s 8 National Parks.
- Spend the day on Croatia’s number 1 beach, and Europe’s number 3 beach, Zlatni Rat.
- Did you know Croatia is home to 10 UNESCO World Heritage Sites? Tick off the list of sites one by one!
- Visit the world’s largest castle complex, The Prague Castle.
- Explore the Old Town Square of Prague.
- Whilst in the Old Town Square, watch the famous astronomical clock strike the hour!
- Take part is Europe’s most famous pub crawl!
- Walk across the famous Charles Bridge.
- Have some goulash and Czech beer!
- Meet hundreds of real Santa Clauses!
- Explore the Viking burial grounds of Lindholm Høje.
- Build a tower at Legoland in Billund.
- See the Northern Lights.
- Sleep under the stars at Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in a glass igloo hotel!
- Have a bottle of red wine in the park beneath the Eiffel Tower.
- Take a train from Paris to Fontainebleau for the day and visit Napoleon’s Chateau.
- Enjoy affordable drinks & food in the Chinese quarters of Belleville in Paris.
- Take the TGV cross country and enjoy the spectacular views.
- Eat as many croissants as possible!
- Watch the famous Tour De France.
- When in Paris, save money by trying out these 10 things.
- Bike around Bordeaux and do a few wine tastings.
- Visit the magical Neuschwanstein Castle situated above the village of Hohenschwangau near Füssen in southwest Bavaria.
- Enjoy a few beers in the most famous beerhall on the planet, The Hofbrauhaus.
- Take a beer & bike tour through the city of Munich.
- Visit the well-preserved medieval town of Rothenburg in Bavaria and experience life a few centuries back.
- Go and see the Berlin wall.
- Visit Munich during the Oktoberfest.
- Walk beneath the famous Acropolis in Athens.
- Spend a few days on the amazing island of Skopelos, the island where Mamma Mia was filmed!
- Uncover Lake Plastira.
- Enjoy the architecture of Santorini.
- Visit the monasteries of Meteora.
- Be amazed by one the most amazing feats of engineering, The Corinth Canal.
- Feeling young and in the mood for a party? Hit up the island of Ios for a few days!
- Visit the famous Parliament Buildings of Budapest.
- Experience a day at a Hungarian Spa.
- Take a boat trip down the famous Danube River.
- Do a tour at the House Of Terror in Budapest and learn a bit of new history.
- Admire the Dynjandi Waterfall.
- Relax in the world famous Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa.
- Visit the Viking World Museum.
- Are you a Game Of Thrones fan? Then go and do a G.O.T. tour and see the filming locations!
- See an Icelandic horse!
- Visit Sicily and experience the amazing and affordable food and drink culture.
- Walk the Cinque Terre and admire the colourful houses.
- Experience the ancient ruins of the Colosseum in Rome.
- Take a gondola in Venice.
- Have spaghetti bolognese in Bologna!
- Visit the Valley of the Temples in Sicily.
- Take a day trip to Pompeii.
- Ride a boat along the Amalfi Coast.
- Watch one of the most famous sporting rivalries take place with a Juventus vs Napoli football match.
- Have a deep fried pizza in Napoli.
- Visit the town of Echternach.
- Go and visit The Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Walk around the Old Quarter.
- Tour the underground tunnels of the ancient city of Valletta.
- Do an early morning trip to the island of Comino.
- Enjoy a sunset drink on the rocks overlooking Golden Bay.
- Walk around the medieval town of Mdina at night.
- Go on a Game Of Thrones filming locations tour.
- Make sure you tick off each of these 10 items.
- Walk along the Dingli Cliffs.
- Explore the canals of Amsterdam.
- Rent a bicycle and make it your only mode of transport for the entire time you spend there.
- Visit Zaanse Schans.
- Visit the Rijksmuseum.
- Spend an afternoon at a coffee shop!
- Be amazed by the art at the Van Gogh Museum.
- Have a beer at the Heineken Experience.
- Explore the Geirangerfjord region.
- Visit the Arctic Circle and look for the Midnight Sun and the famous Northern Lights.
- Take a train along some of the world’s best rail routes.
- Wander the Krakow Old Town.
- Do a day trip to the world’s most famous concentration camp, Auschwitz.
- Visit the Algarve region and explore the amazing beaches and seaside caves.
- Explore Lagos old town.
- Ride Tram 28 in Lisbon.
- Spend the day at Faro Island, near the town of Faro.
- Drink some wine at Porto Calem.
- Visit the world’s heaviest building, The Palace Of Parliament, and discover the amazing history and story behind its existence.
- Do a day trip and visit Dracula’s castle in Transylvania.
- Enjoy a free bike ride around Herastrau Park in Bucharest.
- Party like the locals in the old city until sunrise!
- Spend a weekend at Vama Veche on the Black Sea and enter a whole new world!
- Take a communism tour of Bucharest.
- Run with the bulls at San Fermin Festival!
- Eat as many free tapas as possible in Granada.
- Get involved in one the biggest food fights on the planet at La Tomatina festival.
- Enjoy everyday siestas!
- Learn to surf at San Sebastian.
- Have a beer at El Tigre Sidra Bar and enjoy the unlimited tapas coming your way!
- Take a free walking tour of Madrid and learn about the history of tapas and Spanish culture.
- Travel to the Lugano Region.
- Paddle board on Lake Geneva.
- Visit the Chillon Castle.
- Eat Swiss chocolate and take one of the many chocolate tours on offer!
- Visit the Blue Mosque in Instanbul.
- Enjoy a typical Turkish feast at a local restaurant.
- Walk across the Bosphorus Bridge into Asia!
- Go and see the historical region of Cappadocia and enjoy one of the world’s most amazing hot air balloon experiences.
- Experience the simply amazing Pamukkale Water Terraces.
- Explore the amazing city of London. Visit the famous sites such as The London Eye, Buckingham Palace, The Big Ben, The Tower Of London and Westminster Abbey.
- Go on the Guinness factory tour in Dublin and enjoy a few pints of the famous beer.
- Walk the campus of Cambridge University.
- Visit the Scottish Highlands.
- See the Stonehenge.
- Have a pub lunch on a Sunday!
- Visit the home stadium of your favourite football team.
- Catch a Wimbledon match.
- Visit Windsor Castle.
For more tips on European travel, make sure to follow my Europe Travel Pinterest board!