Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclaimer here.
Being a bit more eco-friendly probably requires you to make massive changes in your life. Right?
Although some big changes would do the world good and improve the amount of waste that gets thrown around on a daily basis, you can still make a positive change by just doing a bunch of small things differently.
In this article I have compiled a list of easy ways to be more eco-friendly.
You obviously don’t have to do all of these things, but try and implement a few into your daily life and that of your friends and family.
It can only have positive effects!
The 50+ Eco Friendly Zero Waste Tips You Never Knew About
You might also be interested in:
If you can, try and put a few of these tips into good use. You won’t regret it!
Here are 50+ zero waste tips for you to make a small difference right now!
- Use cloth napkins with your meals instead of disposable paper ones.
- Don’t ask for receipts if they aren’t really needed, such as at ATM’s!
- Take the bus or metro.
- Stop using plastic bags at the grocery store. Make your own!
- Take your own mug when going out for a takeaway coffee or smoothie.
- Try walk or cycle to work as much as possible.
- Start meatless Mondays.
- Make your own compost in your garden.
- Change your light bulbs to LED.
- Switch to renewables.
- Turn off any appliances you are not using.
- Don’t waste food.
- Recycle your plastic and glass.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning products, or make your own.
- Grow your own fruit and vegetables.
- Plant a few trees!
- Try cut down on unnecessary shopping.
- Keep a bucket in the shower and water your plants with it.
- Try go local and buy food from local farmer’s markets.
- Try go second hand on some stuff.
- Get yourself an e-reader.
- Sell any unwanted clothes and items online or in your local community.
- Wash your clothes on cold setting.
- Get creative and turn old fashion into new fashion.
- Donate old clothes.
- Buy a few indoor plants to clean the air inside your house.
- Buy one less thing every single month.
- Repair leaking taps as soon as possible.
- Buy reusable shopping bags and always carry with you when shopping.
- Try carpool with your friends!
- Encourage kids to plant trees.
- Buy organic.
- Make your own deodorants.
- Make your own toothpaste.
- Don’t shop just to feel better.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Never accept a straw when ordering drinks.
- Invest in reusable water bottles.
- Say no to promotional items and flyers, they tend to never be of any use.
- Get yourself an eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush.
- Wash clothes only when they are actually dirty.
- Try and avoid palm oil.
- Make your own makeup remover!
- Make your own body lotion!
- Plan your meals to avoid wasting food.
- Rather buy quality products that last a lifetime.
- Try and repair old shoes.
- Get rid of plastic shower loofahs.
- When doing laundry, make sure you fill up the machine.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Educate children more about the environment and how we can have a positive impact!
Make sure you try a few of these out.
If you have any other cool eco-friendly ideas, then don’t be afraid to let us all know in the comments section below!
If you want more tips on eco-friendly topics, then don’t forget to follow my Zero Waste Pinterest board!