Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
This classic cheesecake recipe is simply delicious withe the addition of cranberry sauce swirled into the center. Topped with sugared cranberries, this is a lovely cheesecake to serve for dessert!
For the Cheesecake
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
For Sugared Cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cups fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, 3 tbsp. sugar, and butter. Press mixture into the bottom of an 8-9 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with handheld or stand mixer until blended.
- Add 1 egg at a time, and mix until blended.
- Pour half of the mixture over the crust.
- Add spoonfuls of the cranberry sauce over the mixture, and use a knife to swirl it.
- Pour the remainder of the cheesecake mixture over that, and smooth out.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake, and allow it to cool completely.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, refrigerate for 4 hours.
For Sugared Cranberry:
- Add ¼ cup water and ¼ cup sugar to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring for about 2-3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add cranberries and stir to coat.
- Transfer cranberries to parchment paper, and allow to dry for 1 hour.
- Roll cranberries in the remaining ½ cup of sugar, until coated. Allow to dry for another hour.
- Add sugared cranberries to the top of the cheesecake, then slice and serve!