Losing weight and getting in shape is a challenge for everyone.
It’s never easy, and it requires constant work and commitment.
Most people think that the only way to lose weight is by working out a few times a week and leaving it at that. However, we need to make changes in many other aspects of our lives at the same time to actually see and feel any results.
From what we eat to how we eat, walking a bit more everyday, and creating healthy habits in our lives, there are many things we can do to reach our weight loss goals.
Weight Loss Tips
You might also be interested in:
- 12 Useful Ways To Increase Your Daily Step Count
- 5 Full Body Resistance Band Workouts
- 3 Killer 10 Minute Ab Workouts To Get Six Pack Abs
- 3 Intense HIIT Treadmill Workouts That’ll Burn Fat Fast
- The Ultimate 10 Minute Jump Rope Workout
- 7 Minute Ab Burn Workout
Many of these tips may seem basic to you, but they are all 100% useful!
Here are 100+ weight loss tips you should use every single day!
Diet Is Key
- Cook your own meals.
- Eat less carbohydrates.
- Eat less gluten.
- Drink 3-5 litres of water a day.
- Eat out less.
- Don’t go to the grocery store when you are hungry.
- Keep healthy snacks around the house such as nuts, dried fruit and seeds.
- Become aware of how many calories you eat everyday.
- Try and eat more protein.
- Have meat-free days.
- Eat slowly.
- Cut out drinking soda.
- Stay away from junk foods.
- Eat less red meat.
- Cut out as much candy as possible.
- Avoid white rice.
- Avoid white breads.
- Don’t eat mayonnaise.
- Don’t be an emotional eater. Rather go for a walk!
- Drink herbal teas such as green tea.
- Make an effort to eat more fruit and vegetables daily.
- Have raw nuts as a snack instead of a packet of crisps.
- Cut our sugar. If you like sweetness, replace sugar with raw honey.
- Eat more ginger and garlic.
- Avocado should become your favourite food!
- Use smaller plates.
- Still hungry right after eating? Wait 10 minutes before eating again. You should be full by then!
- Replace breakfast with a healthy juice.
- Replace a meal with a health smoothie.
- Stay hydrated.
Improve Your Daily Habits
- Drink a glass of water when you wake up.
- Drink herbal tea with honey on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Take a shot of apple cider vinegar every morning.
- Eat bananas with your breakfast.
- Include eggs in your breakfast.
- Go for a walk every morning.
- Increase your daily steps and aim for 10 000.
- Walk the dog.
- Try intermittent fasting.
- No time for the gym? Do home workouts.
- Stop making excuses!
- Clean the house.
- Walk around when chatting on the phone.
- Wash your car.
- Keep moving!
- Sitting at your desk all day? Remember to get up and walk around every 30 minutes.
- Drink water right before every meal.
- Make time for mental relaxation.
- Feeling stressed? Workout!
- Walk to work.
- Get off the train or bus a few blocks from home and walk the remaining distance.
- Get a sit stand desk.
- Take the stairs as much as possible.
- Park your car further away and walk.
- Do some gardening.
- Plan when you eat, everyday.
- Hide the treats!
- Brush your teeth after dinner, this forces you to not have late night snacks.
- Avoid stress when possible.
- Take deep breaths when feeling anxious.
- Don’t make any excuses, you always have time to workout.
- Stretch before training.
- Master these 5 bodyweight exercises.
- Workout in the garden or the park.
- Try this bodyweight workout and do it at home!
- Using a treadmill? Check out these treadmill hacks!
- 20 Minutes a day is all you need.
- If you are a woman, then check out these three 10 minute ab workouts which can be done in your living room!
- Buy a jump rope and use it everyday.
- Use resistance bands in your workouts at home.
- Learn how to do body squats correctly.
- Do more push ups!
- Planks are your friend.
- Have a pool at home? Do a few laps everyday.
- Pump out music which gets you motivated whilst exercising.
- Walk as much as possible.
- Try these 3 HIIT treadmill workouts.
- Only got 10 minutes free time? Do this 10 minute ab workout!
- Learn to love burpees.
- Make lunges your friend.
Improve Your Lifestyle Habits
- Quit alcohol and see how your life will change.
- Do pushups and squats during TV commercials.
- Are you a smoker? Try smoke less gradually over time.
- Go to bed earlier.
- Set an alarm one hour earlier and begin to wake up earlier.
- Make the most of your early morning time. Ditch looking at your phone and rather workout.
- Don’t oversleep.
- Give your mind a break and spend a few minutes just being alone with your thoughts.
- Cut out time in your daily calendar for relaxation.
- Turn off the TV.
- Write down your goals and how you want to achieve them.
- Track your progress weekly and monthly.
- Watch motivational Youtube clips.
- Weigh yourself every few days.
- Find inspirational stories online about people who lose weight.
- Form a support group.
- Always stay motivated.
- Never give up!
- Keep a journal.
- Showing up to your workouts is the most important thing.
- Remember, you can do it!
Do you have any other weight loss tips you think could be added to this list? If yes, then please let us know!
If you want more tips on weight loss, then don’t forget to follow my Weight Loss Pinterest board!